Art.Photography.Inspiration

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

The Slick is Back

The last gentleman who sported this style on TV could have been Kourtney Kardashian's beau, Scott Disick if I'm not mistaken.  Are there any Scott fans here? I hope not. Anyway, he has long been sporting this look. I didn't really have a feel for it, much until I saw it on my boyfriend... now I've changed my mind. There is something quite suave and charismatic about this particular style. It looks as if it's set out to be the choice for fashion-forward men this year.  
The new year will see the undercut get a modern face-lift with refined touches, updating a haircut that originated in the 1920's.  The key characteristics to this style are the short sides and short back, with some length through the top.  
According to the Business Insider online, a barber on Wall Street attributed most of the styles belonging to younger guys, especially traders, who like to look "flashy".   Another hairstylist who works downtown on Wall Street says it may be due to the bad economy and they're just getting fewer haircuts.  Another opinion was that it's the "Mad Men" trend. Interesting.
 If you feel you can carry it off guys, go for it. But please - don't do it without a strong dose of suavity and a glass of the finest scotch in your hand. 





11 comments:

  1. I don't think I can stand it if my friend decided to try this slick look. I might as well laugh. But it is awesome for some people like Depp or Clooney.

    xx,
    CARISSA

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this hairstyle! like you said, very charismatic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like men's fashion when there's a little hint of sleaze, this cut definitely fits the bill - reminds me of the talented mr ripley! great blog :) x

    http://iwannagotothebeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess , thanks ! Yeah I do miss the elegance and charisma of the old day men's style... lets hope this style and look comes back more profusely - along with their 'genteel' manners!

      Delete
  4. Hmm, although I don't particulary like this hair style, George Cloonly looks extremely hot ! :x

    PS: I'm hosting an international giveaway on my blog ♥ Come and join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, thanks for the comment! yes George Clooney really ticks all the boxes for me LOL!

      I would love to - thanks!

      Delete
  5. Johnny Depp can wear anything and still be hot. But I would like this kind of outfit on other guys too. I mean, they'd have to do it the right way, but if they do: love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed - he has the ability to carry off that 'eccentric' look and still look sexy...

      Delete