Art.Photography.Inspiration

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Cinemagraphs: Fashion Fix

I cant get enough of these 'Cinemagraphs'. 
They fascinate me endlessly.  The artist takes a traditional photograph and combines a living moment into the image through the isolated animation of multiple frames. To quote supermodel Coco Rocha, "it's more that a photo but not quite a video". 
The term "Cinemagaphs" comes from the cinematic quality, while at the same time maintaining at its soul the principles of traditional photography. Launched virally through social media platforms Twitter and Tumbler, both the style of imagery and terminology has become a class of its own. 





4 comments:

  1. I so wish I knew how to do this!!! I've been obsessed with cinemagraphs too :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wish I knew how to do it - you could get really creative with it!

      Delete
  2. This is sooo awesome! I love these photographs :)
    You have a lovely blog xxxx
    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing its actually quite weird :)

    ReplyDelete