Art.Photography.Inspiration

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Fine Art Photography - Brooke Shaden



















This fine art photographer lives in Los Angeles. Her passion lies in creating new worlds through her photography and her vision extends beyond the realm of the camera, creating images that resemble paintings and speak of an era that is not our own.  Each image is like a dip into subconscious waters.  Check out her website at BrookeShaden.com.

She began creating self-portraits for ease and to have full control over the images, and has since grown into a self-portrait artist.  Self portraiture for her is not autobiographical in nature. Instead, she attempts to place herself within worlds she wishes we could live in, where secrets float out in the open, where the impossible becomes possible. - Brooke Shaden



6 comments:

  1. This post is really nice, I enjoied it so much! Wonderful photos!

    Take a look and maybe follow?: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Fabrizia, I am glad you enjoyed it :)

    Ill be sure to follow you!

    gabs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brooke Shaden I did a huge study on her in my Photography coursework! She's quite similar to Terra Kate, who I posted about in my blog earlier this month
    http://www.rebeccajart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different... refreshing!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked it ladies!

    I love how dreamy and eerie the photos make you feel :)

    ReplyDelete