Art.Photography.Inspiration

Thursday, 4 August 2011

STEVIE NICKS - through the ages


Known for her work with Fleetwood Mac and extensive solo career, Stevie Nicks collectively produced over forty Top 50 hits and sold over 140 million albums. Nicks is most noted for her ethereal visual style and symbolic lyrics.  The most commonly known songs are “little lies” by Fleetwood Mac, and “Dreams” by Nicks, which has has a few cover versions by those trying to modernise it, but in my opinion fail dismally. 
Nicks joined Fleetword Mac on December 1974, along with her then-boyfriend Lindsey Buckingham.  Fleetwood Mac’s second album after the incorporation of Nicks and Buckingham, 1977’s Rumours, produced four U.S Top 10 Singles (including Nick’s song “Dreams”, which was the band’s first and only U.S number one) and remained at No.1 on the American albums for 31 weeks, as well as reaching the top spot in various countries around the world.  To date the album has sold over 40 million copies globally, making it the 10th highest selling album of all time.





















my two favourite songs by her: 

"Crystal" lyrics

Do you always trust your first initial feeling
Special knowledge holds truth bears believing
I turned around
And the water was closing all around
Like a glove
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
Then I knew
In the crystalline knowledge of you
Drove me through the mountains
Through the crystal-like clear water fountain
Drove me like a magnet
To the sea

How the faces of love have changed turning
the pages
And I have changed oh, but you...you remain
ageless
I turned around
And the water was closing all around
Like a glove
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
Then I knew
In the crystalline knowledge of you
Drove me thru the mountains
Thru the crystal-like clear water fountain
Drove me like a magnet
To the sea 



"Dreams"

Now here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well who am I to keep you down
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat...drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost...
And what you had...
And what you lost

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say...Women...they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean...you'll know

Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me
Who wants to wrap around your dreams and...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness...
Like a heartbeat...drives you mad...
In the stillness of remembering what you had...
And what you lost
What you had...
And what you lost

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say...Women...they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean...you'll know 

No comments:

Post a Comment