Art.Photography.Inspiration

Friday, 12 August 2011

Beach Dream

Hey guys. I had a creative moment a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try out photography,
I borrowed a pretty fancy camera from a work friend, and got my mate to be my model. It turned out to be a really creatively inspiring day, and I’m really pleased with the results. I did her make-up, and the styling was done by her (naturally being a fashion designer!) Makeup steps to follow:


Make-Up

  • I started with Cara’s foundation, which was a liquid base by Rimmel – Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation in Beige.  I applied it with a foundation brush, and added a bit of the sample Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Pebble to her face.
  • To conceal under-eye shadows I used MAC Studio Finish concealer in shade NW25.
  • I dusted translucent (loose) powder over her face with a large powder brush. The powder is by Signature and cost me R30!
  • I then added a beige coloured eyeshadow to her brow bone using my index finger, and spread it right up to the lids.
  • I used a medium brown eyeshadow by Kangol to shade in the crease of her lid with an eyeshadow brush. Then used a dark charcoal colour (with tiny flints of glitter) to darken the crease for a smoky look.  Start from the outer corner of the eye and shade inwards (according to Kim)
  • I used a black liquid liner (with a long thin brush) to line the top of her lids ending with a little flick.  
  • I used a coal black eyeliner to line the inside of her eyes, and lined the outside of her eyes with a small angle brush with the same charcoal shade. 
  • For her lashes, I applied natural looking falsies on her and used mascara to blend her lashes with the false ones – MAC Haute Couture mascara in black
  • For cheeks I used a bronzer blush with bronzer
  • For lips I used MAC in Nude Venus
















2 comments:

  1. that is wow...but do u put the grey over the brown in the crease and then wat on the lid?i'm gonna try this tomor ;-).very good pics...love the model's ring-now where is it from...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ! apply the charcoal colour over the brown, make sure you blend it in nicely:) and then for the lids apply the darkest shade (the charcoal) you can even work a light shimmery colour on the inner corners of you lids ;-)

    ReplyDelete