In 2007, Meester was cast in the CW's teen drama series Gossip Girl as Blair Waldorf. The show is based on the book series by Cecily von Ziegesar about the lives of New York's privileged Upper East Siders. Her performance is the most critically acclaimed of the show, with Blair being cited as the series' breakout character, and also garnering much media recognition due to her wardrobe.
Leighton's outfits are to die for. A combination of cuteness, vintage inspiration and sex appeal, Leighton always wears this look easily. Her makeup has a fresh and youthful appeal with the focus on peachy glow cheeks and cherry stained lips. The key to achieving this youthful look is attention to detail and applying it lightly. The focus is on a flawless finish in her foundation, and glowing cheeks.
Leighton was chosen by Vera Wang for the new fragrance campaign
Achieve a simple smokey eye like Meester :
- Begin by applying a pale gold or beige (cream is best) eyeshow over the eyelid
- pat a warm brown colour over the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush
- using a smaller 'pointier' brush, darken the outer corners and crease of the eyelid with a darker brown eyeshadow. Remember to blend it nicely, not leaving any harsh edges
- apply this dark eyeshadow under the eye close to the lash-line. use a small angle brush to achieve a nice effect. smudge with a cotton bud to blend it
- using black liquid liner or gel liner, paint a line (start thin to be safe) on your top lip lashline, and end it a few millimetres past the corners of the eye lid to create the appearance of longer lashes
- use a light colour such as a light beige or cream to 'highlight' under your brow bone, and on the inner corner of your eyes to create a subtle hint of shimmer
- If you want to make your eyes extra sensual apply false eyelashes (please stick to natural looking ones - available at Woolworths or Dischem) and apply a thin layer of glue to start off with. Use a pair of tweezers to apply, or get a friend to help you
- use a nice thick black mascara to sweep a few coats onto your lashes to 'join' them together and create a lustrous look.
- Try to team your look with pale / nude colour lips to avoid an overloaded look.